Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 2008 17:30:10 -0400
The AFA and Wild Weezil Women On Wine are very pleased to remind you
of the 2008 Dooktoberfest Ferret Show. The show is being held at the
Quality Inn in Frederick MD (formerly the Holiday Inn Fort Detrick)
on Saturday October 25th.

Once again Dooktoberfest is a fund-raiser show. Last year we raised
funds for the Mongo Memorial Titer Study Fund and the DMK Fund. This
year it will be a little different. YOU will choose the worthwhile
cause. Exhibitors and vendors in attendance will be given a form with a
list of worthwhile causes to choose from. The cause with the most votes
at the end of the day will be the recipient of the net proceeds from
the show.

The AFA and Wild Weezil Women On Wine invite all ghouls and ferret
hob-goblins to enter our First Annual Halloween Themed Costume Contest.
We are so excited about it we just couldn't wait another day to give
you the official rules - owner and ferret costumes must go together or
relate in some fashion. We want you to have plenty of time to plan for
and prep your fabulous costumes, because I know with all the ferret
funatics we will have in attendance, the competition is going to be a
stiff - I mean stiff! So what are you competing for? A spooktacularly
(yes, I really did just say that, sorry) big ribbon that will make all
the other competitors green with envy - plus another little surprise
or two.....

Since this show is so close to Halloween, we strongly encourage ALL
attendees to be in costume - even if you'd rather not compete in the
contest.

In addition to the costume contest we will be having a Halloween
Pumpkin Contest. Halloween and/or ferrety themed decorating. Carved or
painted - just don't go buy one already done up at a store! We want to
see your personal creativity! A prize will be awarded to the winner.

More information can be found on the AFA website at www.ferret.org or
if you have specific questions please contact one of the Wild Weezil
Women On Wine at jbferret @ mindspring.com (no spaces).

Hope to see you all in Frederick on October 25th!
Vickie

Vickie McKimmey

Director of Shows and Special Events
American Ferret Association, Inc.