From:
Janis Zapfel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 May 1999 07:13:46 -0700
Thanks to everyone who responded to my posting about the baby ferret.
After taking it to animal control we found out it was a baby mink.  I'm
sorry my posting was so undiscriptive, but it was a dark brow with a white
belly.  It was a biter.  I couldn't scruff it at all.  It did manage to
bite me, but everything is fine.  I went to the emergency room.

I figured out on my own, that it probably wasn't a baby ferret after log
in to a ferret web site that had pictures of day old ferrets.  This little
thing I found had a full coat, it's eyes open, and was able to defend
itself just fine.  I never did find out if it was a male or female.  I
showed it to animal control and they told me what it was right away.

If it was a ferret I would have taken it home until the owner claimed it.

Thanks to everyone who responded.

Happiness,

Janis