From:
Katherine Andresen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jul 1997 20:26:12 -0400
Hello all, This is Katherine and the 9K's (Fuzzies)
Kira,Kloee,Kory,Koko,Kandy,Kasey,Kelsey,Kaila,and Kiku

I have not posted in awhile things have been a bit crazy here.  Kelsey and I
just returned from the vet and it seems that Kelsey has to have surgery for
Adrenal Tumor.  Please include him in your prayers - Thanx Kelsey is a DEW
and about 4 yrs old.  I have only had him for about a year now He is my
little Polar Bear weighing in at approx 4lbs.  I adopted him last October at
the White Plain Ferret Show.  He was known as Thunder Roads Silver Bullet
but, I changed his name to Kelsey.  He was a Hob and retired and just fixed
when I crossed his path.  He now has a loving home and 8 brothers and
sisters that love him dearly.  He is the Kindest ferret anyone could ask for
and loves to give kisses.  He is big compared to all my others but such a
gentlemen and very very gentle.  When I brought him home he had a bit of
hair missing on his tail but the owner said it was nothing and my vet
confirmed it.  But, we have been keeping a close eye on him.  I had him to
the vet again in April because I thought it seemed a bit worse and he had
some swelling in the rectum area.  The vet did some tests and x-rays and
said that even though nothing is showing up now it could later on but, he is
heavy and needs to go on a diet (this little guy sure loves to eat !!!  )
The vet showed me the x-rays and you could see how the fat on him was
pushing one of his kidney's and stuff down causing the swelling in the
rectum - so, we put him on a diet - switched all the ferrets over to science
diet light formula as per the vet.  Kelsey did good and lost some weight and
the swelling went down but now the hair on his tail is getting worse.  So,
tonight after having the vet check him out again he said we need to do
surgery on the little guy.  So, tomorrow I go back to talk this over with
the vet and see if we can work out a payment plan since I am on Disibility
and also have to bring all nine ferrets in for ear mite shots ( a series of
3 shots 2 weeks apart ) starting tomorrow.  He said the surgery could run
from $700.00 to $900.00 + does this sound right????  When it rains it poors
!!!  I sure could use a bit of help right now, all your prayers would be
greatly appreciated.  Thanx in advance.

Give all those fuzzies out there lots of lovin !! And hugs and kisses from
all of us here.

We are still burning a candle here in N.J. for KODO

Our prayers are with all who are having difficulties right now for things to
get better for your little guys and for those that are not having
difficulties our prayers are with you all so, your little guys stay healthy.

Thanx BIG for posting this and for all you do for FML

May God Bless each and every one of you and your fuzzies and keep you all
safe and healthy.

Sincerely