From:
Kim Langford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 1999 16:33:35 EDT
Okay I haven't said anything about any of your posts yet Ed, but I just
had to reply to your deal about AIDS seeing as you are obviously not well
informed on the transmission of this disease from one person to another.
Passing AIDS from one person to another by way of saliva is possible, but
not very probable.  First of all to give it to a ferret, the ferret would
have had to have an open sore somewhere, either on it's body or in it's
mouth.  Now let's just say the ferret did have a sore, unless the owner
was slobbering constantly right on this open sore the ferret won't have
contracted the disease.  It would take a very substansial amount of the
infected persons saliva directly into the sore for the ferret to contract
it.  So no, I don't think there is any reason to tell the new owner that
the person who owned it before died of the HIV/AIDS virus.