From:
Holly Riggs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 21:18:48 +0000
Hi everyone!  There are some weird happenings in our household that I
just can't keep to myself anymore.  My DEW male, Kabuto, has a new
favorite toy.  The other day, my husband brought home a promotional
poster that was given to him when he bought a DVD at Best Buy.  It came
in one of those cardboard poster tubes with the plastic stoppers on the
ends.  But it wasn't a regular size poster, the tube is only a little
over a foot long.  Anyway, as he sat on the floor and unloaded his
shopping bag, Kabuto sniffs the tube, grabs ahold of the end with his
teeth and takes off down the hall, dragging the tube as he goes.  We
laughed about it and didn't think much of it, other than he was just
curious.  Well, that was over a week ago, and Kabuto will not go ANYWHERE
without his tube!  Even as we speak, he is under the bed, wrapped in his
favorite blankie with his head resting on the tube.  He spends most of
the day dragging it from one room to the next, usually taking a nap in
between, but always resting next to that darn tube!  Now, when I was told
that ferrets usually have a favorite toy that they hide and sleep with, I
assumed it would be one of the mini stuffed animals we provided, or maybe
a sock or a fleece ball.  Never did I imagine it would be a hard,
cardboard tube!

Now I'm wondering...is it just my weird little Kabuto, or has anyone else
had an experience like this.  Maybe it's not weird at all...to a ferret.
But I would think he would have picked something a little easier to carry
around!

~Holly Riggs~
         &
Delphi:  "Put that stupid tube down and play with me!"
Kabuto:  "Later...MUST MOVE TUBE."