Date:
Thu, 19 Nov 2009 13:21:03 -0800
Hi,
This is in reply to the person who said that their blind ferret chews
on the bowls.

Both of my ferrets are NOT blind and they chew on their bowl! I don't
know why this is, but sometimes the sound drives me crazy! I can't
use the bitter apple spray or cream because, for some reason, I'm
very sensitive to the smell. I'm bought products that claimed they
were unscented and I've bought natural products - but to me, they all
smell horrible. That, and my ferts seem to enjoy the taste of it!

So, what I did was I bought a stainless steel crock from Drs. Foster
and Smith. It attaches to the wire of the cage like the plastic crocks
but it's not easily dented or scratched by teeth. Also, they don't even
chew on it much because the sound irritates them. Sometimes they forget
and try to chew on it but hear the noise and feel the unpleasant steel
on their teeth and they stop pretty fast. The crocks are fairly cheap
too - for the smaller one it was only $3.99.

Hope this helps!

Melissa