From:
Jacci Hanson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Nov 2005 00:52:45 -0800
Dooks to all,

First time poster, long time lurker.

Cynthia, I have a Petersen ferret.  He doesn't have any tattoos either.
I got my boy Whiskey a couple of months ago from a pet shop.  I was told
the breeder was Petersen and they gave me a health guarantee.  No contact
info on the guarantee just return to store of purchase.  I went online
to find out more about them but could find nothing.  Whiskey is a light
sable with white mitts, knees, bib and a spot on his head.  He is the
biggest boy I have ever owned.  He is twice the size of my 6 year old
dark eyed white little girl, Bitey.  She was a rescue.  I think she may
be a Marshal Farms ferret.  She has the two blue dots in her right ear.

I think it is possible that both fuzzies could be Petersen.  Is there any
other known breeder who does not tattoo their ferrets?  I thought it was
common for them to be marked in some way to tell if they were descented
and fixed.

Anyways that is all the info I have on Petersen.  Which is next to
nothing.  They do seem to be very healthy though.  So if anyone knows
any more I'm interested too.

Jacci, Tim, Bitey and Whiskey