From:
Sharon Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 19:42:57 EST
To the person who suggested Cy-Purr Mouse as a good ferret toy,

Thanks a lot.  i bought it for Rocky, my first and only ferret, for his
first birthday and he loved it.

I highly recommend it, but supervise kits, as it does have a rubber tail
and rubber wheels.  It provided hours of entertainment and even though he
hissed at it (something I've never heard him do before), he put it in his
hidey hole with his treasured sock-balls.

The sock-ball is another good and very inexpensive ferret toy.  Put one of
those plastic cat balls with a bell inside into the toe of an old pair of
socks and roll them up.  Then throw it and watch your ferret fetch, well,
sort of.  Rcoky really just wants to get it back to a safe hidey hole, but
I grab it, throw it again and he runs back for it.  He now has about 8 of
these ( he got a bunch for Christmas) and he's totally obsessed with them.
Each morning the first thing he does when I let him out is check to see if
they're all safe in their various hidey-holes.  Then he moves them around
so I won't know where they are.  Whenever I want to find him or have him
come to me, all I have to do is pick up a sockball and shake it.  He comes
running, even out of a deep sleep, when the sock-ball alarm sounds.  I use
cotton socksbecause Rocky likes to each wool and other soft fabrics.  Hard
thick cotton doesn't appeal for some reason.

I'm glad he has a new toy to be obsessed with.  It's so interactive, it
makes the perfect ferret toy.  Having had many cats, I don't think a cat
would like it at all, although it was made for cats.  A kitten maybe, but
not a cat.

Sharon