From:
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 2004 23:23:13 -0400
i am sorry i haven't replied to you all personally, thank you for the
well wishes.  it's been a real LONG weekend and all of our volunteers
are so pooped out.

This morning, Bonnie, Nigel and i decided to go out one last time to see
if we could find anything.  We went about until 2ish.  i then got a call
from an off duty Peel police officer (he and his family drove out from
Burlington to aid in the search).  They had spotted one of the ferrets
about 4kms down the river.

We drove out to meet with them and heard the story that they had been
trying to catch the brown one for over an hour.  Of course as soon as we
got there, the little one was nowhere in sight!

The policeman's daughter told us that she also saw the white one but it
looked half dead.

Olympia joined us in our search until about 5 when she headed to the
shelter for her shift with the ferrets and the rest of us took a much
needed break.

We all gathered back at the new location a few hours later and stayed
until just now (11pm).  Kira and Paige joined us.  Sadly, we still have
not found either of the ferrets.  They have moved quite far from their
original location and i'm not sure we will find them.  We haven't lost
hope yet so please keep them in your thoughts.

The Toronto SUn is doing a follow up article in Tuesday's paper and
hopefully we'll get some more volunteers helping to look for these little
ones.  To view Monday's article in the Sun, please see
<http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/TorontoSun/News/2004/10/11/664548.html>

Randy Melanie Belair
President
The Ferret Aid Society "For the Love of our Fuzzy Friends"
<http://www.ferretaid.org/>