From:
Korri Fleming <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 21:09:54 -0500
I took Shirley in first thing this morning.  My vet felt the bumps, which
were her lymph nodes and her spleen and said it was Lymphoma.  She did an
aspiration of the nodes to confirm it.  She is calling other vets now to
get the protocol for treatments.  We have 3 options:

1. Do nothing and let it take it course.  Lose Shirley quickly
2. Prednisone treatments.  Will mask symptoms but not do anything to
   cancer.  Lose Shirley slower
3. Chemotherapy to put cancer into remission.  Give Shirley a chance to
   live longer...  but what kind of quality of life?

She is also very anemic.  Not sure if it is the lymphoma or gastric ulcers.
She wants to test her stool to see if there is blood in it.

If anyone has been through this, please write to me.  I need more
information about it to make a decision.  I want to do what is best for
Shirley.  I don't want her to suffer through something that does not help
her get better in the long run.

Thanks
Korri