From:
Barbara Clay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2012 19:27:43 -0700
Dear All,
I know everyone is doing raffles, and for weeks on end. Not us, we're
just crazy enough to believe that the ferret community is going to
take note and join in and support one of the oldest, most successful
pro-adoption ferret shelters in the world!.....Rocky's Ferret Rescue
and Shelter.

I may be driving a 1992 Honda Accord, but trust me, my babies in the
shelter have the best of care, the best of food, the best of enrichment
in their outdoor play area. 18 years is a long time. We process about
300 surrenders and rehoming a year. I'm so not done with sheltering,
call me crazy, but with the help of volunteers and God's will, somehow
we are still a forceful shelter, with high medical protocols, and
serving the East Coast on personal surrenders, and those ferrets from
hoarders and backyard breeders.

If you respect and like what we do, and want to see us continue, would
you please consider playing with our raffles, or doing a direct
donation. Without your support, our doors will have to close.

Also at the raffle website you can purchase our uber cool tshirts!

Cool stuff: rockysraffles.com

Seriously, can you find it in your hearts to help us continue? I'm
just silly and stupid, I should be retiring and walking away from
this shelter thing. Seems like only yesterday I started Rocky's, can't
believe it's 2012 already. Sadly, the call today with this economy is
too great, good folks having lost their homes and jobs and having to go
live in gramma's basement, and she doesn't allow pets. Nobody has just
one ferret. We embrace each of those economically wounded, and the
ferrets that they have tearfully had to surrender, and their wish, and
our commitment, is to see to it that they are cared for and found new
forever homes.

So, with all this said. Dig into your pockets, spend lots of bucks at
Rocky's Ferretstock Raffles!

Cool stuff: rockysraffles.com

Thanks, for all the support in the past 18 years and for now!

Affectionately,
Barb Clay
Dir of Shelter Affairs
Rocky's Ferret Rescue and Shelter