From:
Caterina Venturelli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 10:27:21 -0500
Hello to everybody,
I would like to ask how often can ferrets have a seasonal fur change.  I
thought that it was two times a year, one before winter and one around
spring-summer.  I noticed that my ferret Gigio is changing fur again, he
did it in October, then in late February-March, and now again, I am sure
that he is not simply loosing hair, because I can see under his actual
coat the new hair growing, in other years I am sure that he has mainly
changed his fur only two times, but in this year 2002, this is going to
be his second change and I am sure he is going to have at least one more
by the end of this year.

I just want to know if it is common to have more than two changes of coat
in one year.  Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Caterina and Gigio.