From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Feb 1997 19:08:46 -0500
We have received even more ideas.  Two kind folks use those taped
hair-pick-up roller on their critters.  Cornstarch was mentioned by a sweet
friend who had it used when she had chicken pox.  A considerate soul even
offered to get us some Jojoba oil if we need it.

Here's what has worked so far: humidifying the house (big plus), Moisturel
(worked well but she absolutely hated it being put on and rubbed in),
vegetable oil (did NOT go rancid and staved off her itching for over 12
hours), Body Shop Almond massage oil (unscented for now in case her skin is
too sensitive to cope with scents till the shed ends; it worked
beautifully).  We also noticed that a pet conditioner we have at home called
The Stuff can be applied and not rinsed off so we spritzed some of that on
today and it worked quickly and cleanly.  Despite these working we may still
track down some of the other things recommended.

Sukie