From:
Donald Rull <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 2004 08:31:20 EDT
I would like to second everything stated by Shelley about The Dook Nook.
Many of you know that money can be very tight for shelters, and this one
is by far no exception.  The shelter mommy has gone without for years so
that the little angels that no one wanted can continue a dignified life.
This last year has been particularly difficult for someone who hates to
have to ask for help from anyone as donations have practically stopped.

I have adopted two of my four kids from The Dook Nook.  I have also done
volunteer work there for numerous hours.  The Dook Nook has a large
number of ferts that are not adoptable due to being in later stages of
insulnoma and/or adrenal.  These are the kids that need the help so badly
and also require more resources.

If you are able, please do send money via PayPal for these repairs.
I'm told that the roof may need to be replaced in its entirety.  That's
a whopping unplanned expense, as many of you can imagine!

Thanks for posting this Shelly.

Don