From:
Melissa Furash <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Nov 1996 15:58:52 -0500
Today we bought my husband new shoes and found a new game.  Actually it's a
take-off of the game suggested a while ago.  Usually we play truck with the
ferrets on their backs being "driven" around.  This time we put a ferret in
the shoe box and drove it around.  They loved it!  At one point Meeko and
Percy were both in the box as it slid across the floor.  I think I'll cut a
"windshield" in the front of the box for extra viewing.  Snoopy enjoyed
chasing the "car" as it zipped past with me going "beep, beep!"

My .02 on the MF debate...I have 3 ferrets, the first two are MF.  Of these
two only one has ever nipped and that was as a baby.  As she got past 6 mo.
the only "misses" are when she's going for a raisin and accidentally gets a
finger instead.  Percy has NEVER nipped.  My third ferret is from a breeder
out west.  He is incorrigible.  He nips my husband with glee and has only
learned not to bite me through strenous training and plenty of time out.  I
still won't let Gary play with him (wrestling) using his hands...it's too
tempting for Snoopy.  Temperement wise the MF ferrets win however Snoopy is
the biggest of the three at only 4 months.

Thanks for the opportunity to learn from all of you.

Meeko, Percy and Snoopy's Mom