From:
Danielle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Apr 2001 17:55:12 -0400
Well the 7 week old baby boy is now a 10 wk old terror.  We named him
Willow.  Went to the vet last week and was 1lb 7oz.  His paws are huge
twice the size of the 2 yr old.  He seems to never sleep.  No matter what
time of day or night if he hears anything or sees movement he goes bonkers.
He grunts,moans, cries, squeals, even shakes the cage violently.  He loves
to wake us in the wee ours of the morning doing this.

I have tried speaking to him sternly, isolated him in another cage in a
separate room, even scruffing him.  All of this seems to agitate him more
and he actually gets nasty and beats up the other ferret or me.  He has
no fear either, he attacks the cats like they are stuffed animals.  He is
definitely the dominate of the two of them.  Poor Kilmer, he doesn't know
what to do, even he is losing sleep.  I have tried bitter apple for his
biting he loves the stuff he will lick it off the cage and my hand.
Strange little bugger.  Any suggestions to resolve our dilemmas with
"Satan Weasel" will be gladly accepted.

Danielle & Mike
Kilmer & Willow
George & Dreyfus (the cats)