From:
Cynthia Obrist <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Oct 2002 02:46:22 -0400
I'm looking for non-dry, meat foods, high in protein and other natural
"prey" nutrients.  Most of these are marketed for cats.  I'd appreciate
any info on any products you have used.  These are the products I've
found so far, but I'm interested in anything else that's similar.  Sample
questions follow:

Has anyone used a cold-processed, dried meat food (for felines), made
especially for carnivores by Wysong, called Archtype?  It is 50% protein
and 28% fat.  The first 7 ingredients are: Beef, Beef Liver, Chicken,
Chicken Liver, Lamb, Lamb Liver, and Ground Bone.  It looks like a good
product, though a bit pricey, of course.  I ran across a reference to it
in an article about ferret foods, written by a vet.

Is anyone using it to supplement other foods?  Do the ferrets like it?
Anyone know similar products they'd recommend?

Does anyone use the Ultra Blend Ferret Dinners from 8 in 1, canned ferret
food that Petsmart sells?  Do you recommend it?

The third product I would like info on is ZuPreem Exotic Feline Canned
Diet, which the Ferret Store.com sells in their cat section.  Same
questions?

Thanks for your help!

Cindy and the fudge ferts: Cocoa, Butter, and Sugar.