From:
kay cunningham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 12:30:57 +0000
in principle i agree all rescues should be listed on a register outlining
what they do & which species they work with, but i also need to point out
many people do a dam good job on a shoestring , still maintaining a good
level of care veterinary treatment , but i am worried about the people
who work alone, pay for the upkeep of there charges from there own
pockets, will they be hounded out

i also want to point out that if such a system is installed who will
oversee the whole thing, and what one person does , another may not do
it the same way, so will there be a strict rules & regulations thing to
follow?

if so who will set the standards ?  i for one have no objection to being
on a list of people who are willing to take in ferrets if needed, but as
i dont consider my self a charity and on average take around a dozon
ferrets per annum .

i for one wouldnt be interested in becoming a regestered charity , but
would have no objections to being named on a regester as it may well
come in usefull if i needed to locate another rescue.

but in a way isnt this already in process, with the net the different
groups we can all find a rescue of whatever if we need to by looking on
the net, so thinking about it is it really needed ?