From:
Pam Adey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 2004 02:37:31 EDT
I have a rescued ferret I am fostering for two weeks now.  He has a dry
sort of cough that kind of sounds like a sneeze.  It looks as if he ate
something and it got a little stuck in his throat, but it happens too
often and when he is not eating.  His poop is also loose.  Could it be
ADV?  How much is it to test him.  If it is ADV will my ferrets get it
and if so how much time will they have before they get sick and then how
much time before they die.  The vet didn't think very much of the cough
but he only heard it once.

What are the symptoms of ADV?  I'm taking him back to the vets on Mon.

Pam