From:
Alexandra Sargent-Colburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Aug 2009 01:49:13 +0000
Sukie wrote:
>Telemna got herself into a place behind some furniture from which she
>could exit. Pivot, who is about a year and a half old, led me to her.
>Pivot is a Danee DeVore ferret.

Well *MY* DeVore ferret spent I don't know how long inside the
refrigerator this morning. What a surprise! I don't remember putting
him in there. He came out looking lushly minky and...strangely humbled,
for him. He got in trouble for that. He also knocked over about a dozen
things in the dark and shredded some bell peppers. The pitcher of ice
coffee did not fare well, either.

Then *MY* Devore ferret got on *top* of the refrigerator (don't ask,
yeah, he can do that) and knocked off a dozen empty soda cans from the
top so that I *knew* he was up there. And he was caught, he can't jump
down in one leap so he was *bagged*. He got in trouble for that.

Then *MY* Devore ferret fell into the 55 gallon fish tank and scared my
pond comets to death. He got in trouble for that, too. My, what a mess.
All over the kitchen island and all over the linoleum floor. Knocked
over the cat's food dish in the fray, little chows dotted the puddle
like damp brown stars in the sky, and stuck to the floor.

Then *MY* Devore ferret...well, you get the idea. He tried to get out
the locked cat door when I was talking on the phone. I couldn't reach
him to get him into trouble again so I simply threw a skein of yarn at
him. I keep my yarn basket next to the sofa on the floor within easy
reach so that I always have some ammo. It gives us the satisfaction of
beaning him with something but doesn't hurt him. But it does tick him
off. Good. I have a *big* yarn basket.

Then *MY* DeVore ferret had an unfortunate experience with the toilet.
And with my husband's rotary shaving set, which had formerly resided
on top of the toilet tank.

This is just an ordinary day. Anyone else out there think they are
ready for one of those deluxe DeVore ferrets?

Oh yeah. There was that thing where he fell inside my husband's black
leather motorcycle satchel head first and couldn't get out, just his
plump gray ass sticking out and back feet wheeling the tiny invisible
Lance Armstrong Tour de Farce bicycle of panic...

Alexandra in MA

Todd: What was it like trapped inside the refrigerator?
Caff-Pow: You mean *this* time or in general? It's different every time.