From:
"Amy C. Dempsey" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Aug 1998 17:39:36 -0700
My ferrets have better lives thanks to this list.  Through this list I
learn about new treats, new toys, illness and what might help.  I don't
have any good vets where I live and have to rely on help from the outside!
No not everyone is an expert, and I totally disagree with what some people
say.  We all know what people say about opinions!

Thing seem strange around my house, I have had as many as 18 ferrets at
once, and slowly over the last 2 years, due to cancers, my number has
dwendled down to 9.  All of my ferret have been Marshal Ferrets, some were
bought at pets stores, some rescues.  All loved with all my heart.  Four
of my ferrets are over 7!  My two oldest girls both are 8 years old and
niether have ever been sick.  I am on St.  Croix and ECE is unheard of!
But then again ferrets almost are!

I love reading about how people interact with their ferrets, trying to act
like ferrets.  I will never forget when Milo and Odie were only 1yr old.
My best friends 4 yr.old son was found rolling on his towel in the bathroom
after his bath.  He had seen the ferrets dry themselves and thought that it
was a lot more fun than the people way!

My condolences to those who have lost their babies, and our thoughts and
prays go out to those of you whose kids are sick.

Amy and her 9 fur snakes and 11 fur angels