From:
June Batz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 07:11:31 -0800
My fiancee..( I love the sound of that) Is in the Military, (Army)  He is
in the medical field.  He, as part of his training, quite recently I might
add, has had to intubate ferrets.  Now being a ferret owner himself was
quite concerned at first, but each ferret was lovingly handled,a tech and
a vet were right there, and NO MATTER WHAT, if the doctor or nurse or
whomever was doing the intubation screwed up or could not get it right, the
ferrets in their care were not ALLOWED to be intubated more than 3 times
period..end of story, then they are..I guess adopted out, I will check into
that.  Now I don't know how other organizations practice this procedure, if
anyone out there knows please let us know.  3 times is rather a low number,
for some reason I though ferrets spent their lives at these places
constantly going through this.  I myself as an animal nurse can support
this, I still don't like it but I cannot think of any other way around it.
aside from finding out where they go after they are done with them, I
suppose I should find out where they get them in the first place, I don't
recall what Louis told me.

Re: Shampoo, there are 3 that I use, that purple ferret shampoo, one from
the vet that is oatmeal based and something that I picked up from Trader
Joe's it is called pet shampoo, mostly natural stuff, citrus based..I even
use it myself.  I rarely bath my ferrets.  Chandler loves the water, Joey,
my tough beautiful boy, turns into a wussy and clings to my hand.  Socks
tolerates it she will sit on my arm/hand and patiently wait till the
torture is over.  Oliver loves to play in it, but an actual bath is just
plain mean to him.  I think half the reason I bath them is to watch the
fun that ensues.

June Louis and the zoo
Missing my beautiful Phoebe