From:
Regina Badriya Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Mar 2009 10:12:26 -0400
Sukie's question about probiotics made some bells go off in my head --
Innova Evo contains probiotics. Several ferret owners, myself included,
have noted that their ferrets' stool is not that great when on a diet
of just Innova Evo. I wonder if there could be any relationship.

I've been adding probiotics to my duck soup mixture on the assumption
that my boy on prednisone would need help keeping his gut fauna up,
but now I wonder if his frequent bouts of clostridium overblooms might
be due to overbalancing his gut flora too far in the other direction,
rather than to his suppressed immune system, between the Innova Evo and
the soup mix. Maybe he improves on antibiotics because only then does
his gut return to normal levels of helpful fauna. My other ferret, who
also eats the soup and Innova Evo, doesn't appear to have overblooms or
infections, but her stool has never been that great either. I'm
certainly interested in hearing more about the pros and cons of
probiotics.

Regina
and Sisiutl and Ianto