From:
Mike Janke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jun 2005 23:20:51 -0400
BIG, I hope this is ferret related enough for the FML.  It's really more
about web design, but it is a ferret website. :)

Some of you may know of my Ferret Health Care website.  I'm in the
process of totally revamping the look and feel and I really could use
some input.

I've been wanting to make the site look a little less clunky, a little
more professional.  I've pretty much settled on the basic format, but
before I spend several months on this, only to have visitors go
"Ewwwwwww!  The text is too [small, large, dark, light], it's hard to
get around" etc., etc., I'd really appreciate some early feedback.

It's in the very early stages and most of the links on the home page
don't even work yet.  Links to Dr. Cottrell's articles on heartworms and
adrenal disease work, as do a select few others.  This will give you the
opportunity to see what a content page will look like.  Some links may
even take you to the current (old) site.  No need to let me know what
link does or doesn't work unless it looks like it is supposed to work
but doesn't. :)

I've created a new domain specifically for the site so I don't mess with
what's already working.  The "new" site is located at:
http://fhc.miamiferret.org -
Once there, you can click on the "Email Us" link in the top navigation
bar to offer your comments.  Please don't respond here on the FML.

I would appreciate any and all comments, good or bad but I hope no one
will be offended if I do not change something you suggest.  This will
be a work in progress for quite some time I suspect, so you're welcome
to stop by any time, see how it's going and offer a comment.

By the way, NO links will change whatsoever.  If you link to the current
site, or something on it, it will always be at the same URL.  The current
site will remain as is until this project is complete and then the new
site will just be slipped in place.

Thanks in advance!

For the ferrets,
Mike

* Michael Janke, [log in to unmask]
* South Florida Ferret Information, 305-385-6750
*
* Website:  http://www.miamiferret.org
* Adrenal/Insulinoma web site: http://www.miamiferret.org/fhc
*