From:
Sue Howard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 07:37:38 EST
Hi all,

Interesting thing that I noticed over the weekend.  I suppose I should
have been more diligent in the time frame but I wasn't - is it normal for
a sable's tail to go from dark to a silvery shade of gray?  It seems like
it happened relatively quick (I notice things like this quick) and his
tail was always dark.  It looks like someone dunked it in a vat of baby
powder (but of course this wasn't the case).  Normal everything
else...eating, drinking, sleeping, playing, poops.

Anyone know if this is 1) a cause for concern, and 2) is it normal in
ferrets?  Toby is a normal sable, white mitts up to his "elbows",a about
three years old.  Healthy as a horse.  (he he)

Any advice or comments would be most appreciated.

Sue
and the fab four
Dante, Toby, Templeton and Nala