From:
Sharon Burbine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 09:01:44 EST
Here's my take on Angora Ferrets,

Wolfie is now 3 years old, came from a breeder in Sweeden.

If you'd like to see a picture of him, e-mail me privately and I'll give
you the address.

Personality wise, he was a normal baby, course what is normal for
ferrets???  Having heard all of these rumors about them being more bity, I
trained him right from the beginning not to nip.  He has never bitten or
nipped a human (I actually trusted him in the arms of our Governor), course
he's quite feisty with the other ferrets and loves to stalk my cat.  I
house him separate from the others because he is more aggressive and
stresses out my older ones.

They are quite hairy, he has hair coming from his nostrils, and gets quite
long in the winter - last year his coat got to be about 4 1/2 inches long.
Summer coat is very short but still longer than the American short hairs.
Wolfie just went through his shedding season and has not grown in his
winter coat as of yet.  This may or may not be germain thru the US, I
live in the Boston area and all of us up here in the colder climates get
concerned because they look "adrenal" with no coats.  This year, he's a bit
late with his shedding and growing in his winter coat, and I'll give him
until next month before I have him seen as he's 3 now.

I give out a lot of Laxatone, actually thinking of taking stock in the
company because of all the hair, that includes my others too because
they're always grooming each other.  I brush him daily when he's in full
coat to keep the mats off of him.  Summer not as much.  Wolfie's normal
weight is almost 4 pounds, he's actually small for a male.  His brother
Bruno weights in I believe over 5 pounds.

Hope this helps, any questions, e-mail me.