From:
Percy Pwood Georgia Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 May 1999 20:55:19 -0700
My ferrets are completly enchanted with their new digging material.  After
el-stupedo cat piddled in their aquarium gravel, we switched to rice.  And
a fresh container too!  Dratted cat!

So how much rice is everyone using?  I got a 20 pound bag, and it only made
a couple of inches in the container.  Now I've added a 2nd bag, and they
shove their heads to the bottom of the tub.  If I get more rice (I'm paying
about $6.50 per bag) will they completely dis appear in it?

Playing in the rice with them is great.  It's risk free as far as bites
goes.  You can tunnel under them, wiggle your fingers up out of the rice,
or have them pursue your moving hand under the rice - all without the worry
of having them latch on.  I mean, if YOU had your head buried in rice would
you open YOUR mouth?

An added bonus is they smell soooooo good.  Hooray for rice!

Georgia - the left coast one...