Date:
Sun, 14 Apr 2002 15:30:41 EDT
In my opinion, buying ferrets without having met them and interacted with
them, you are asking for trouble.

Most ferrets will nip, usually when playing.  I have 2 that will not nip,
even if you hold them down and tickle the begeezes out of them.  (For
those who have met Kozmo and Luna, you know how sweet they are..)  But then
again, we got them when they were babies and work with them every day.

How far away does this guy live?  You really should make the trip to meet
them if you are serious about giving them a home.  Otherwise, you may be
in for a not-so-nice surprise.  I've talked to people with ferrets "for
sale", and a lot of them will tell you whatever they think you want to
hear to get those ferrets out of their house.  I'm not saying all of them
are bad.  But personally, I would never sell MY babies.  If it came to
where I could no longer keep them, I would go through a shelter to find
them loving, permanent homes.  Not just give them to the first person who
showed up with the money.