From:
Chere McCoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Apr 1996 20:16:13 -0400
Ferret Friends Disaster Response International is well aware that many of
you are unhappy with the 1992 policy from the HSUS in Washington regarding
ferrets.  We are also aware that the CBS Morning program in which Ms.
Rachael Lamb appeared on last summer was extremely disturbing FOR ALL OF US.

However, I feel it is time for me to speak again to you about what the most
important "thing" here is: our beloved FERRETS.

Many, many, many (to numerous to count) local Humane Societies throughout
the United States DO help our ferrets, DO rescue our ferrets, DO turn
ferrets over to local Ferret Shelters!!!  I ask you to please support those
local Humane Society Shelters who are friendly to our Ferrets

Please SUPPORT your local Humane Society that is friendly to ferrets - there
are many of them out there - don't desert them because of Washington policy.

Ferret people's participation in the Humane Society of the United States
EXPO's has educated many Humane Society and Animal Control persons and their
views have been changed regarding our beloved fuzzies.  Many have joined our
ranks and are willing to rescue ferrets and turn them over to their local
ferret shelters.

Educate your local Humane Society regarding ferrets, give them factual
information regarding ferret rescue and care.  If they have questions which
you can't answer refer them to S.T.A.R for shelter information, Troy Lynn
Eckert for Rabies information, FFDRI regarding disaster Response.  For
information regarding ferrets there are so many organizations you can refer
them to such as: L.I.F.E., Legion of Super Ferrets, F.A.I.R, Ferrets
Anonymous, CDFA, New York Ferret Association, FFUNY, Susquehanna Vally
Ferret Club, FF or Greater Milwauke, Central Illinois Friends of Ferrets,
Utah Ferret Association, (the list goes on and on).

Thanks you for listening

Chere McCoy
Ferret Friends Disaster Response International