From:
Danielle Frye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 12:21:44 -0800
I hope that whoever took these ferrets and beagles, knows how to care for
them!

I am appalled that anyone would break into another person's or company's
property and steal...that is way beyond what anyone should EVER do.  This,
I do not condone.

On the other hand, I understand the anger and frustration that whoever
did this must feel.  Most likely, they are upset that MF practices such
disgusting things and the authorities will only regulate based on food,
shelter and water.  Heck, the authorities (at least in my area) don't even
regard what types of food are fed.  Someone could be feeding a ferret milk
and lettuce and it would not make a difference as long as "food" water and
shelter are present.  This bothers me a great deal and I have gone around
and around about this with animal control and SPCA people.

Perhaps if MF came forward and provided answers to questions and
allegations instead of hiding, people might be less inclined to go on
what they have heard and previous reports?  I also wonder if this was an
"inside" job.  I bet there are some employees at MF that don't like what
is going on and this is a way of getting some attention.  I am not saying
this is what happened, but it is possible.

Let's all hope and pray that those animals are being taken care of
properly and NOT simply released into the wild to fend for themselves.

I bet MF will not respond to what has happened.  How unusual.