From:
Pamela Greene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Dec 1997 11:58:47 -0500
Steve Smith asked:
>My ferret jester is changing color [...] he is going from sabel to almost a
>silver shade on his head and back

It's his winter coat coming in.  You might notice him becoming softer and
fluffier, too.  Lots of ferrets get significantly lighter in the winter than
in the summer.  For instance, see these pictures of Pixxel, showing the
changes in her mask:

In summer:
http://users.1st.net/hammock/gallery/jpegs/pix-frontview.jpg

In winter:
http://users.1st.net/hammock/gallery/jpegs/pix-sleeve.jpg

Nichole asked:
>What does MF stand for

Marshall Farms, a large ferret breeder in western New York.  A significant
percentage of pet-store ferrets throughout the country come from Marshall's.

>What would you call a mostly white with a few light grey spots, dark eyed
>ferret?

I'm no expert, but as a general term, I'd call it either a sterling silver
or a dark-eyed white pattern.

>Wo the 9week old little guy and my 1year and 3month old Vail get along or
>would I have problems?  [...] Any suggestions if I would happen to bring the
>two together?

Given time, they'll almost certainly get along.  Take a look at the relevant
section in the FAQ,

http://www.optics.rochester.edu:8080/users/pgreene/faq/part2.html#introduce

--
- Pam Greene