Date:
Wed, 21 Dec 2005 09:24:37 -0600
For those times you have to be away for a few days and your fur babies
can't possibly go, what do you do?

This hasn't happened to us yet because we take our animals with us
whenever possible.  Our ferrets flew with us just a few months ago. :-)

But, I'm thinking ahead and wondering what I would do if I needed a
"baby-sitter".  We can usually find a decent place to board dogs and
cats, but the same places aren't set up for ferrets (or hamsters, crabs,
bunnies, fish).  And being a military family we don't have family (or
even people we know very well) around to watch our ferrets.

Do you recommend pet sitters?  Have any of you ever used a professional
pet sitter (for any pet, not just ferrets)?  If so, what certification
did you look for?  And, I'm assuming you made sure they were bonded?  Do
you check them out?  And, if so, how did you go about it?

God bless,
Robin