From:
Dawn Hohl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Sep 2005 09:55:56 -0400
Does anyone out there have any experience with ferret diabetes?  I have
a ferret who had insulinoma surgury and subsequently has not produced
insulin, and so I am doing injections at this point.  From what I read
the insulin production usually kicks back in at some point, but his never
did.  His glucose was as high as 600 at one point.

My main question is the dose and frequency of insulin to be administered.
I want to compare notes basically with what my vet said.  The insulin I
am using PZI VET by INDEXX which is a U-40 product.

If anyone has any experience with diabetes and would be willing to share
I would appreciate it.  There is not much on the internet to read about
it, and I would like some more information so I can give Grover the
proper care.

Any help would be appreciated.
DH