From:
"Soule, Linda (llso)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 May 1998 13:04:02 -0700
Hi all,
I have not posted for quite sometime and decided that I would let everyone
know that Flagstone is doing great.  For those of you that don't know
Flagstone, he had surgery the day before Thanksgiving because there was a
lump on his side.  The vet thought it would be a 10 minute surgery and will
actually was 50 mins.  His tumor was benign but it was an invasive tumor,
Fiberlipoma, meaning that it grows inside.

Our vet gave him 6 months without an extensive surgery, and I opted not to
have the surgery.  You must understand money was not even a consideration
when it comes to my little ones.  It was going to cost another $1500, but I
didn't want him not to be a ferret.  The vets said he would then be delicate
and not be able to play with most of them, since he would have 2 ribs
removed and webbing placed where the ribs were.  Well, she saw him the week
before we went on vacation and couldn't believe how beautiful he looks.  The
24th of this month will be six months.  I have had him on Essiac tea and Red
Clover once a day mixed into the woozle goo I make up for them.  He is very
active, and the beautiful little guy that I was blessed with on the 19th of
June 1997.  We are all keeping our fingers crossed that the little lump,
which he has had after the surgery is only scare tissue.  It has not gotten
any bigger and everything seems to be going fine.  Thanks to all of you that
said a little prayer for him.  They all seem to work and hopefully continue
on the same path.

Missy is loosing her fur on the back of her head again, and her vulva is
swelling.  We are cutting her back on her pred and florinef to see if it
makes a difference.  If not, then off to the vet for the 3rd adrenal
surgery.  She is my first little lady, and she is very special to me.  She
turned 3 on the 6th of Feb and has had 3 surgeries.  She is a spunky little
one and I know she will get through this one just like the others.  We are
going to a different vet this time to try a fairly new procedure.  I will
let you know how it turns out.

I will all of your little ones a very healthy year, and that the dooks and
war dances keep coming.

Happy Spring,
Linda and the 11 spoiled brats (Wait mommy, I will be there next month so
please say 12 little spoiled brats - Moose) :)
(In loving memory of the first love, Samson, who left for the rainbow
bridge on Mother's Day 1997).