From:
K HUTCHINSON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 09:26:37 -0500
A few days ago someone mentioned something about the connection between
lighting and adrenal disease.  Well, I thought this meant that too much
lighting caused the disease but after searching the archives I see that the
broad-spectrum lighting is used as a possible treatment for adrenal disease.

Now, though, this has brought up a question I have.  An in-law used to have
a ferret and they kept the cage in their darkened bedroom with a cover over
the cage all day.  If we went to visit, we were just allowed to peek in the
room and had to be very quiet.  I always thought this was rather wierd.
Now since we were blessed with a 1-1/2 yr old fuzzy wuzzy back in May (from
another in-law who was moving) I REAlly think that behavior was strange.

Our sweet little girl stays in her cage in the kitchen with natural
lighting all day.  She usually gets to play a little in the morning with my
daughter before school.  I babysit so, when the 2 and 4 yr olds show up,
Chloe goes for nap nap.  Of course she sleeps all day waking for an
occasional kiss if she really wants it.  In the evening, after the wild
ones leave, she is free range (ha) and on the weekends has free run of the
house as long as we are home (and sometimes when we aren't if hubby is at
work).

Now let me get to the question: Does the cage really need to be covered
during the day or at all?  She doesn't seem at all bothered by me in the
kitchen fixing lunch or doing little things.  I try to be quiet but even
sometimes in the evening if I have the radio/tv on in there she sleeps
right through.  She doesn't mind her cage at all because sometimes when she
is free she will go back there to sleep instead of our beds or her blankie.

Yeah, and what's the deal with so many little fuzzy girls being named
Chloe?  Ours was named when we got her and now I see that's a pretty
popular name for the babes.  Are they being named after a famous person or
ferret, or is this just a good name?  Hope this wasn't too long, love FML
since I discovered it and thank you for your help.  And yes, I cry for
every sick or rainbow bridge story.