From:
Shawn Richardson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Dec 2002 18:56:56 -0800
I have kept you all updated on Lance's behavior toward Nikita, our albino
female.  You all know Lance and his bonded "brother" Merlin have been
seperated from the herd.  Things since my last post on the subject have
taken a dramatic turn for the worse.  I sincerely want to cry!

When Lance is out of his cage, he hunts Nikita down, whether she is in
her cage or not.  If he can't get to her in her cage, he will attempt
to bite her through the cage.  If he gets too frustraighted with that,
he will take out his frustration on the nearest ferret.

The real trouble has come with Merlin now.  He has been increasingly
bitey over the last two months.  Now he cannot stand to be
held/touched/looked at by any human; result of offending him is a bite
that just falls short of drawing blood.  He bit my older male, Pirate,
yesterday in the rear, and held on like a pitbull!  Pirate screamed and
screamed until I could get Merlin off.  Also, a few days ago, Merlin
took Lance's entire snout in his mouth and bit hard, leaving marks.

What has happened to my first two fur kids?  I can't stand this--
Something is wrong and I do not know how to help them.  They are eating
well and have normal bathroom results, but at times, I don't even
recognize them due to their strange and violent behavior.

Help me if you can, PLEASE!!!

From:
Lori and Rat's Brats
(Lance, Loki, Merlin, Nikita, Pirate, and Smokey)