From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 10:49:57 -0600
The animal control received a call to pick up a stray ferret.  The ferret
seemed happy, healthy, and chubby.  One problem, the ferret couldn't lift
the back part of his back.  He could use his back legs though.  The ferret
was held for the reclaim period and was not claimed.

We picked up the ferret and took him directly to our vet, thinking perhaps
he might be a patient of his and he would recognize him.  Uh uh.  We did
find out that his back had been broken and long ago healed.  He is
completely incontinent but he pulls himself around with his front legs and
kicks with his back legs dragging his back end along.  Not having a name
our vet suggested Swiffer (because he was picking up all the dust bunnies
in the corners) and it fit him so well.

Swiffer is lovingly welcomed into our family.

Hugs to all. tle
Troy Lynn Eckart
Ferret Family Services
Please sign up to support our charity