From:
katharine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Sep 2003 18:07:32 -0400
PLEASE CROSSPOST

Wednesday, September 24, 2003
We received two 10 pound bags of The Ferret Store food today and a bag of
Zupreem.  Thank you to whomever sent this most generous donation.  We
will gladly send a tax receipt if you will email your information to us.

Our three vet visits were fine.  We had the chordoma removed from the
large sable's tail (Ruth has claimed this boy!).  Jaws (ear issues) had
to be gassed to be touched, yet it turns out that his ear did not have a
tumor; the large lump and deformity was caused by damage from the extreme
ear mites he had (they all had horrible ear mites!!) Our silver adrenal
male's prolapsed rectum is also doing much better.

We are still doing fluids on several and feeding 3, but they are looking
much better.  All of the ferrets just love to play.  They are so happy
and seeing them war dance and dook keeps us going.

Volunteers are needed any evening after 7:00p.m.  Just let Michelle know
ahead of time.  Plenty of hands are needed to clean cages, give fluids,
feed soup, and provide loving.

We still need litter and food, and money for testing and vet care.  We
can also use Chicken Bites, Cheweasels, laundry detergent and paper
towels.

Katharine

##########
For all donations please specify whether they are for the Titusville
Rescue or are general Ferrets-N-Limbo shelter donations.  If you need
a tax deduction receipt, you must email the shelter to request it.

Send checks or money orders to:
Ferrets-N-Limbo
P.O. Box 161432
Altamonte Springs, FL 32716-1432

To donate to United for ADV testing:
United Vaccines
Attention:  Shannon - Customer Service
2826 Latham Drive
Madison, WI 53713

or call 1-800-283-6465 (they do take credit cards); ask for Shannon

For donations to the shelter vet:
Tuscawilla Oaks Animal Hospital
1490 Tuscawilla Road
Oveido, Florida 32765
(write "Ferrets-N-Limbo" in the memo line)

Ferrets Across America:
For individuals interested in helping with transport and shelters
willing to take in some of the rescue ferrets, email to
[log in to unmask]  or

For general requirements for transport and sheltering
http://www.geocities.com/ferrets_america/req.htm