From:
Katie Arthur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jan 2004 18:14:00 EST
Hi Sandee,

I'm finally coming up for air after losing both my ferret babies.  We
lost Shilo on the 10th after a long bout with adrenal and insulinoma.
She died peacefully while I held her in the middle of the night.  Rocket
lost his best friend and love of his life that night.  His insulinoma was
uncontrollable and his spleen and internal organs were severely enlarged.
Nine days after losing our little cinnamon girl we lost our lovable sable
boy, making the decision to help him cross the bridge after he started
bleeding internally.  Life will never be the same here without them.

Sandee, please help Shilo find someplace to stash her beanie babies,
and Rocky a place for his squishy nerf balls.  If there's a box of
apple-cinnamon cheerios please let them know where to find those too, as
they're the favorites.  Oh yeah, they're used to getting their duck soup
at least 3-4 times a day, so let them know where the fountain is!!
Thanks.

I just don't know what to do anymore, life is so quiet without ferrets
in the house.  Unfortunately due to our daughter's asthma, we've decided
not to get another ferret right now.  She managed to live with them for
almost 8 years, but we all know it would be easier on her without animals
around right now.  Our sweet babies were always side by side and we felt
that it was just right that they never be separated.  They were creamated
together and now I just have my memories and lots of pictures to keep
them close to my heart.

I'm still crying uncontrollably at the drop of a dime, hoping that will
ease with time.  My ferrets were so wonderful, please watch over them for
me Sandee until I see them again at the bridge.

Katie