From:
Kelleen and the FANG Gang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 May 1996 17:43:51 -0700
Hi All,

All right just what in the heck is going on around here??  I want to know
NOW:-)  Just kidding.

Yes oh yes we have another little guy to introduce from the FANG Shelter.
This little, well not so little, boy was found in a city about 30 min. from
me, all soaking wet and huddled in the doorway of a business.  The owner of
the store let him in and of course he made himself right at home drying off
and exploring everything.  They kept him and called all the animal rescues
etc..  and were told to contact us:-) I am a happy shelter Mommy about that!
These people were so darn nice they even drove all the way over here to
bring him to me so I did not have to come and get him.  They had never seen
a live ferret up close and personal and she asked me LOTS of questions which
I happily answered.

My Mom demanded to get to name him so he is now known as "The Duke" as in
John Wayne only I will spell it "The Dook"!  Dook for short of course.  With
all the hard work my loving Mom does for me and FANG the least I can do is
let her name this sweet guy.  He is a real dark sable, possibly what they
call a black sable?  He is 3 lbs.  but quite big in size.  He is lovable and
lies right in the crook of my arm as we walk around.  He was the best baby I
have ever had when it came to the bath and Flea Mousse.  BTW I now
immediately clip nails as before, then I take the rescues straight to the
bathtub for a bath and afterwards some Flea Mousse applied, then they get a
dose of Ivermectin in the little old ears.  Hopefully we will be better able
to avoid the mites, fleas and other creepy crawlies out there now:-) He
seems to be in good health and very friendly.

We will watch the papers for awhile and the woman that found him is putting
up signs in that area with our phone number on them.  We hope to reunite him
with his family if possible but if not anyone would love to have this sweet
guy.  In the meantime I am sitting here with my 10 and "6" shelter kids all
at once.  Furballs EVERYWHERE!  I am so glad the four boys get along great
as they are in the seperate room together.  TNT!!