From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 14:58:37 -0400
Rachel, there have already been food tips on yesterday.  Here's a non-food
tip.  Call your local pharmacies and find out which have 1 tsp. EZY DOSE
Dr. Clown Spoon-dropper (which does NOT have a spoon despite the name)
#67032 form Apothecary products, Inc., Minneapolis, MN 55337
([log in to unmask] if that doesn't work).

These have cylinders that hold 1 teaspoon, and have accordian tops with a
clown face on top.  They give the absolutely best control we've found and
that is essential for avoiding aspiration pneumonia.  We sent about 60 or
so of them to the ferret emergency rescue people a few weeks ago so
hopefully those arrived safely.  This is one of the absolutely best
products we've found over the years for nursing sick ones.

Randy, funding isn't a word-of mouth recommendation thing.  Get together
your references, form a clear hypothesis with solid methodology, have
a person with the right credentials as senior author, consult with
researchers on techniques and problems and consult with a fine
mathematician, and find the places which actually fund the category of
study you are proposing.  Remember that the proposal will be reviewed by
experts so if you can't back up your positions and if you can't give a
clear hypothesis while explaining how you expect to study it then it WILL
wind up in the circular file.  ( BTW, the BFF reinstatement work has its
high points as well as its low ones.  It's a work in progress with a lot
of learning going on, and certainly some successful aspects.)