From:
Nell Angelo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Oct 2008 00:11:13 -0700
Whoa -- the tumor has actually grown abt 60% and is coming out via
old-fashioned surgery (ie not cyberknife radiation). Frankly, I prefer
that, being rather radiation-phobic {sitting at the computer in my
tin-foil hat and peering through the pin-hole in the tinfoil barrier
I've hung before the screen}. btw, in case you don't remember, the
tumor is a benign one -- not cancer.

But I'll have the job done AFTER my Illinois visits and the symposium,
so you ferreters shall most definitely see me next month!

The 40% diff is the diff betw a solid geometry calculation and a 2-D
geometry calc -- the meningioma is round, not a disk. Second opinions
are crucial, aren't they, even w hard evidence like the MRI films.

All appears to be going well back in Addis. The folks are taking their
training starting next Monday. The trainers wanted to exclude "old
people" from the training, saying that they cannot learn. Grrrr
rrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Saba prevailed over the decision
regarding Abeba, but not re Teberre. The sad thing is that Teberre is
much better at sewing than Abeba, both in skills and in attitude and
approach. So the trainers will likely get their preconceptions
validated.

I'll see what I can do about it by phone. Maybe as General Manager and
(let's face it) as a ferenji, I'll carry more weight (no snickers,
there). If I also am refused, then Saba and Sisay plan to teach he
at home, following each lesson.

The training goes on for 6 weeks of full-day classes!