From:
Amy Seyler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Oct 1994 22:19:57 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 25 Oct 1994, Ferret Mailing List wrote:
> >I am curious, do anyone else's ferrets make noises while eating?

> Our ferret does that, too.  I don't know if it there is cause for concern
> -- maybe they do just swallow too fast and get a piece stuck.  I can tell
> you she's been doing it for a number of years, though.

Claudia has done that from day one, and she's going to be four in
January. Max is only five months but he's done it too. They're both
chocolates...wonder if that has anything to do with it...;)

> RE:  Black-Eyed White Ferrets
>
> I have a white ferret with "dark" eyes which I took in a few years ago.  She
> has black eyes without a trace of "ruby".  What would the "right light"
> mean?  Right under a spotlight or subdued lighting?

Sidney is what is known as a black-eyed white, but his eyes really are
ruby. Catching the ruby eye color is one of those things you just catch -
not necessarily under any certain light.

>         On another topic, would be interested to know if anyone else had
> tried Green Peppers for ferret eating.

Yes! Claudia loves green pepper. However, she only gets it as a treat.
Now...how about raw broccoli?

Amy & Dave (and their gaggle of giggling ferrets)