From:
Heather Wojtowicz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 14:51:15 -0500
Hi guys-

OK, we know there's tons of writing talent on this list, as evidenced by
the proliferation of poems, heartfelt goodbyes to departed fuzzies, and
the posts from a certain someone (who shall remain nameless) that result
in dangerous close calls with the bathroom functions!

So how's about I challenge you to see who can come up with the best
"Ferret Haiku"?

The guidelines:
haiku is a 17-syllable poem, consisting of a 5-syllable line, followed by
a 7-syllable line, then a final 5-syllable line.  (there are other
versions, which I don't want to debate about; let's stick with this one,
OK?)

BIG can judge, if he would be so kind, and I will send a quilted appliqued
ferret wall-hanging to the winner (and two smaller ones to the second and
third prize winners)!  You can even specify the colors so that it goes
with your decor!!

Here's my starting haiku.  Who can top it?:

Poop sits on my floor.
Black eyes soft and innocent,
"I did not do that."

C'mon, let's see what else we've got!!  Some springtime fun to bring out
the creativity!!

Heather W. in Massachusetts

[Moderator's note: I can find judges if you wish, but it wouldn't be fair
for me to do it since I'd know who sent them in.  Unless people would
like to send them all to one source and that source would forward them
to me anonymously.  If not, I'll find a couple of victims.  Err.. I mean
judges.  BIG]