From:
Robin Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Dec 2011 21:52:25 -0500
It appears I owe some shelters an apology. I have had emails from a
couple of shelters wondering where their Thanksgiving Cards were for
the SOS Thanksgiving Card Exchange.

In the past Joanne Werstlein did a special card exchange at
Thanksgiving for all the shelters. Because of lack of participation
last year it almost didn't happen at all. Joanne did the best she
could. It became clear we were going to have to do it in a different
way or suspend she shelter part of the exchange. I thought long and
hard and decided to try a new way. Not all the shelters would receive a
card. But at least some would. This year when someone signed up for the
Thanksgiving card exchange. Instead of submitting their own name, they
would submit the name of a shelter on the SOS shelter list. There would
be a drawing from those shelters submitted, and the money raised would
go to that shelter. 13 people signed up and submitted names.

Now I am getting emails from shelters whose names weren't submitted,
saying they feel left out, hurt, and blacklisted. I am crushed. The
last thing I wanted to do is hurt any ones feelings. I really was
trying to make the best decision. So to those shelters who didn't get
cards, you have my apologies from the bottom of my heart. You are the
heart of the ferret community and we all thank you for your time and
devotion.

Robin Jones
http://www.supportourshelters.org/card_exchange.html