From:
Risa Di Vincenzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jan 2004 12:11:24 -0500
What a great idea!  I hope others do this too!  It is so nice to get a
glimpse into the laughter and smiles that join the heartache and headache
of sheltering.  It's also a nice reminder to all of us of the daily work
that shelters are doing.  Shelter Mom and Dad's are so overworked, that
it's wonderful when a volunteer or visiter will let everyone know how a
shelter is doing.  Especially when a shelter has a specific need or
crisis.

I truly appreciate seeing Leanne's posts about the Gimmee Shelter.  The
shelter mom Jan is wonderful, but generally too busy to post and I'm glad
that through Leanne, others can hear about the Gimmee Shelter.  I adopted
my sweetheart Jillie from the Gimmee Shelter and have stayed in touch
with Jan since.  I try to visit a few times a year to bring shelter
items, but everytime I talk to Jan her voice is so upbeat and energetic
(despite all the difficulties of sheltering) that I can't wait to get
there just to see her and the shelter fuzzies.

Dooks to all shelters and shelter angels that help!  And thanks for
sharing these ferret smiles!

Risa