From:
Catherine Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 13:25:19 EDT
I was thrilled to hear that after all the hard work Rick and the U.F.O.
has put in on the legalization effort in Salt Lake County that it finally
came to fruition.  WAY TO GO RICK!

Now, if we can just convince the other cities to follow along.  Rick is
right.  This area is very, very sensitive to tourism.  Especially with
those darn Olympics coming.  Everyone wants to look good to the world.
(Why else would they tear up about 30+ miles of freeway all at once, and
completely shut it down on weekends, to do a freeway overhaul that should
have been done 20 years ago?  Can anyone say UTA - aka THE BUS - lowers my
stress level dramatically!) If people send intelligent letters letting the
city know their opinion, it will make a big difference.  Seriously.

And Rick, about my suggestion (made in private e-mail)?  I am semi-serious.
(I would share it with the general fml membership, but I am afraid someone
would take me the wrong way and I hurt their feelings, which I seriously
would never want to do.  And local politics are strange and almost
illegible to those outside the area....LOL!) You KNOW if that happened
their be an emergency city council session to legalize the little beasties
before you could blink fast!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Catherine, Pato, Snowball, Hubert, and Elsie
"Refugees Behind The Zion Curtain"