From:
Lisa Whittleton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Jun 2001 10:56:03 -0700
Hi,
I have two ferts that I want to give free roam.  I had them out one full
night but I was so nervous I woke up about 15 times before putting them
back in their cage at 5am.  I have tried again but my two never biting
ferrets will bite REALLY HARD when they get under my blankets.  Does
anybody know how to remedy this?  I am thinking that they don't realize
WHAT they are biting until I tell them no and give them time out.  They
just don't seem to realize it hurts...

Also, the same two ferrets have learned the joys of crawling into the sofa.
I have a loveseat that they never used to pay attention to but recently
they dug right thought the sofa cushion in the corner and got stuck inside
the couch.  During my panic to find them, I heard rustling when I squeaked
their toy and I had to cut a hole in the bottom of the sofa to get them
out.  Now their favorite pastime includes going in the sofa.  I wanted to
know if anyone has any idea on a fabric that they can't get their claws
caught in.  I figure, I'll buy a big sheet of it, cover the sofa and
ducktape it to the bottom so they can't get in.  However, finding a fabric
that they can't claw into is hard.  I tried bedsheets which didn't catch
their claws but wasn't large enough to cover the sofa so they went under
it.  I am at my wits end and am thinking of juts removing the sofa
entirely.  Before I do that, I am willing to try once more.  Anybody with
hints, PLEASE HELP!

Lisa