From:
"Cindy C. Sooy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 1995 15:11:24 -0800
Axel went in for surgery this morning for what we thought was insulinoma.
His pancreas was fine, his liver and spleen and heart were not.  Axel had a
heart attack during the operation and although Dr.  Weiss did everything
possible he could not save him.  I am devestated.  I don't think I could
hurt more had I lost a child.

Axel was my little shadow.  He followed me everywhere I went.  He had
ulterior motives, he never knew when I would get close to the refridgerator
where the Reddi Wip whipped cream was kept.  Axel would lay on his back in
front of the fridge and beg by putting his paws together and waving them.
He looked like he was cheering or praying.  Of course he had me well
trained and I would instantly respond to his pleading.  Axel slept in a
drawer next to my bed and I would reach out and scratch his head in the
night.  If I got up to go to the bathroom, Axel was right next to me.  When
I got up in the morning he followed me around while I got ready for school.

Axel has been going to shows since he was 4 months old.  He made friends
instantly with everyone who met him.  He was a real charmer.  He did quite
well reaching Supreme Grand Master level which is as high as you can go in
the FURO standards.  He just won Best Alter at the Hagerstown show in Sept.
He was very sweet, never even tried to nip and loved everyone.

Sorry to go on so long but Axel was my baby and I miss him terribly!

Cindy, Axel's heartbroken mom.