From:
Lin Talbot-Koehl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Dec 2005 04:03:53 -0500
I'm sorry if I sounded like I was either complaining, or looking for
props.  That was not my intention.

And yes, the addresses & emails of the shelters *are* listed on the
Giving Tree.  The problem I was having was getting a *response* to my
email.  However, the problem has been solved; I spoke to the shelter
mom at Ferret City Shelter & Rescue this evening.  In fact, Lacey & I
chatted for about 45 min, & had a wonderful conversation.  She had, in
fact, been trying to email me back, but they kept bouncing on her.  We
couldn't figure out why, but no matter.

I want to thank the people who emailed me privately w/ ideas on how
to get ahold of her, when (as we're in different time zones), or who
spoke w/ her & told me she was indeed trying to get ahold of me.  Your
suggestions helped a lot.  I wanted to make sure that I was able to
catch her at a time that was convenient for her.  That meant I had to
call her at 12:30a my time, but that certainly wasn't a problem for me.

I realize shelters are overwhelmed, on many fronts.  Too many surrenders,
not enough time, volunteers, money, or supplies.  I live too far away
from my "local" shelter (Ferrets Unlimited, Jean Caputo-Lee in Cleveland
OH) to show up & volunteer in person.  That's why I donate piles of
supplies to her on a regular basis.  I wish I could do more, but 3 hrs
of driving per day is more than I can handle, what w/ 2 kids, 4 ferrets,
1 cat, &, oh yeah, a husband.  Plus a chronic health problem that causes
a lot of fatigue.  But that's not what's important.  I do what I can to
help, & I don't want applause for that.  It's just the right thing for
*everyone* to do.  *My* concern was about shelter mom's getting back in
touch w/ their Santas, in time for us to actually get things to them
before the holidays.  I don't know if anyone else is having problems w/
that or not.  In my case, it was a misunderstanding on my part, coupled
w/ a computer glitch of some sort on her end.  I *did* use the posted
info on the shelter (after being told what the best times to contact her
would be, by people who knew her & her schedule), & it's all straightened
out.

I hope I didn't cause any hard feelings by bringing this up here in the
first place.  I was frustrated cos I couldn't connect w/ the shelter I
chose to help, & was trying to get advice on how to do it.  But it's
been worked out.  Causing controversy was not my intention.  My apologies
if that's how it came across.

Lin, Ariel, Oberon, Max, & Puck
To email me back, take out everything from "K" to "2"